The Corporation of Waltham Forest College
The Corporation operates under a Statutory Instrument (UK Government secondary legislation) known as the Instrument and Articles of Government.
The Standing Orders set out the framework of how the Corporation carries out its business, each member of the Corporation (College Governor) agrees to follow a Code of Conduct for the duration of their period in office, the Scheme of Delegation outlines the distribution of some of the powers of the Corporation and the Principal Chief Executive.
Here is some outline information about the Corporation:
- The Corporation (Governing Body) has 16 members (Governors)
- there are 9 meetings of the full Corporation each year - See the meeting cycle
- plus one annual Corporation Planning Conference
- meetings have ‘Structured agendas’ based on a business cycle with the Learner Experience at the heart of every meeting
The Corporation has three Committees:
- Audit Committee
- Search Committee
- Remuneration Committee
The Audit Committee meets approximately three times each year. The Search and Remuneration Committees meet when required but at least once each in any year. Click the committee links above to view:
- the Terms of Reference for each committee
- recent agendas and minutes
- committee members’ names
Want to know more?
If you would like to read specific documents not published here or find out more about the Corporation of WFC please contact the Clerk to the Corporation.