WALTHAM FOREST COLLEGE
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT
PUBLICATION SCHEME – JANUARY 2009
The Publication Scheme has been prepared and approved by the Information Commissioner and has been adopted by Waltham Forest College as from January 2009.
The Publication Scheme commits Waltham Forest College to make available a range of information to the public as part of its normal business activities. The information covered is included in the “classes of information” listed below:
- Who we are and what we do (e.g. organisational information, structures, locations and legal framework)
- What we spend and how we spend it (e.g. financial information relating to projected and actual income and expenditure, tendering, procurement and contracts)
- What our priorities are and how we are doing (e.g. strategies and plans, performance indicators, audits, inspections and reviews)
- How we make decisions (e.g. decision making processes and records of decisions including the minutes of meetings of the Corporation)
- Our policies and procedures (e.g. current written protocols, policies and procedures for delivering our services and responsibilities)
- Lists and registers (e.g. information held in registers required by law including disclosure logs)
- The services we offer (e.g. information about the services we offer, including leaflets, guidance and newsletter)
The College will not make available certain information such as:
- Information that is not held by the College
- Information that is exempt under the Freedom of Information Act or its release is otherwise properly considered to be protected from disclosure
- Information that is no longer readily available as it is contained in files that have been placed in archived storage or is difficult to access for other such reasons
- Information that is impractical or resource-intensive to prepare for routine release
How to obtain information on Waltham Forest College?
There is a wide range of information available on the College website www.waltham.ac.uk
Alternatively please contact the following to make a specific request for information:
The Personal Assistant to the Principalship
General information on the Freedom of Information Act and the Model Publication Scheme can be obtained from:
The Information Commissioner
Charges – the College may make a reasonable charge for providing information which is not readily available.
If you have a complaint relating to Waltham Forest College not responding to a request for information or any other related issue associated with the Freedom of Information Act please contact the following:
Waltham Forest College
Alternatively you may wish to contact the Information Commissioner at the address set out above.