This course is designed for ages 16-19.
The course provides a broad introductory year (Year 1) that will equip students to progress onto Level 2 (Year 2) qualification in art, design, fashion or media.
Students will learn important skills of research, problem solving and working to a brief. There will be opportunities to work on art, design, fashion and digital media briefs.
The course is supported by regular trips to galleries and museums as well as location research trips. There is also a developing programme of artist/designer and employer talks, and opportunities for work experience, volunteering and live projects. All students are involved in setting up and exhibiting in the end of year exhibition.
This is a study programme scheduled over 3 days per week and will be a mixture of theory, practical and online lessons.
Through tutorial sessions, you will be supported to enhance wider employability skills including project management, team work, research, communication and presentation skills alongside your time management.
Your progression from this qualification will be either of the below pathways:
• Level 2 course in Art and Design, Fashion or Media.
• Level 2 Apprenticeship
The entry requirements for this course are:
• No prior knowledge, understanding, skills or qualifications are required.
• Evidence of an interest in art, design, media and/or fashion and a commitment to the course are required.
If required, you will have the opportunity to study GCSE maths and/or English alongside your course so you can progress onto the next level.
The course consists of the following:
• Drawing & painting
• Digital design
• Mixed media
• 3d design crafts & fashion accessories
• Planning and running an enterprise activity
This course is supported by our Create Your Future Programme. An online curriculum, specially tailored to your course and level, to help you develop essential workplace skills, strengthen your independence, boost confidence and increase progression opportunities.
You will be assessed via:
• Project based assignment briefs with continued assessment.
• Pass, Merit & Distinction for Final Major Project