This course is designed for 19+ adults. This qualification will allow you to develop skills and experiences that will enable you to pursue a career within the creative industries.
It is designed to engage you with the development of your personal identity through an opportunity to explore a wide range of ideas, techniques, languages and media within art and design.
This course will focus on building both specialist and multi-disciplinary skills, as well introducing you to a range of contemporary art and design, and theory practices.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- Level 3 Qualification (BTEC Nationals, A Levels, Access course)
- 4 GCSEs grade A-C(9-4)
- For mature learners alternative entry requirements can be assessed at interview
- You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications
This course consists of the following modules:
- Ideas in Context
- Personal and Professional Development
- Critical Study in Art and Design
- Site Specific Art
- Art, Design and Media Practice within the Digital Environment
- Personal Development through Drawing
- Communication with Images in Art and Design
- Project Design, Implementation and Evaluation (Final Major Project)
You will be assessed via:
- Project based Assignment Briefs
- Internal Verifier
- Internal Examining Board
- External Examiner
After completion of the HND students have gone onto apply for the second or third year on university courses.
Alternative routes have been straight into employment and freelance/self-employed work as Artists, Community Arts Worker, Teaching, Illustrator, Graphic Designer and other creative industry professions.