This course is designed for students aged 18+ who want to practice a range of Art and Design skills and create a body of work for a portfolio. You may already have done an art and design qualification or be a beginner, either way you will need to demonstrate a genuine commitment to the subject.
The qualification will allow you to progress onto higher-level courses. We have designed this course to give you a taste of working in different disciplines and to develop your awareness of Art and Design Practice.
Learn how to research and solve problems creatively.
Improve your practical skills and techniques in a variety of Art and Design briefs.
Create a diverse body of work for your portfolio.
- Develop your contextual knowledge.
The entry requirements for this course is:
- Aged 18+.
- A basic level of written and spoken English.
You will be required to attend an informal interview with your portfolio of work.
This course consists of the following modules:
- Unit 1: Investigate sources of ideas in Art & Design.
- Unit 2: Explore and use A&D materials, techniques and visual language.
- Unit 3: Produce Final Artwork.
- Unit 6: 3D Visual Communication.
- Unit 7: 2D Visual Communication.
You will be assessed via:
- Project based Assignment Briefs.
- Internal Verifier.
- Internal Examining Board.
- External Examiner.
This course can lead me to applying for a level 3 course in a creative subject. Portfolio and levels of English would need to be taken in consideration.