This course is designed for ages 16-19. Students will learn important underpinning skills of research, problem solving and working to a brief. There will be opportunity to work on art, fashion and digital design briefs.
The course is supported by regular trips to galleries and museums as well as location research trips. There is also a developing programme of artist/designer and employer talks, and opportunities for work experience, volunteering and live projects.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at 3 (D) or above including English and Maths
- Or progression from an appropriate level 1 qualification
- Interview and assessment
The course consists of the following modules:
- Accessories and Textiles
- 2D Visual Language
- 3D Visual Language
- Contextual References
- Building an Art & Design Portfolio
- Working in the Art & Design Industry
- Using Ideas to Explore
- Develop and Produce Art & Design
You will be assessed via:
- Project based assignment briefs
- Internal verifier
- Internal examining board
- External examiner
This course will lead to progression onto a level 3 course in either Art & Design, Fashion & Textiles or Interactive Media.