This course is designed for students aged 18+. This qualification will allow you to practice a range of Art and Design skills and create a body of work for a portfolio. You may already have done an art and design qualification or be a beginner, either way you will need to demonstrate a genuine commitment to the subject.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- A basic level of written and spoken English
- You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications
This course consists of the following modules:
- Unit 1: Investigate sources of ideas in Art & Design
- Unit 2: Explore and use A&D materials, techniques and visual language. Unit 3: Produce Final Artwork
- Unit 6: 3D Visual Communication
- Unit 7: 2D Visual Communication
You will be assessed via:
- Project based Assignment Briefs
- Internal Verifier
- Internal Examining Board
- External Examiner
This course will lead to a level 3 course in a creative subject. Portfolio and levels of English would need to be taken in consideration.