This course is designed for 19+ adults. This qualification will allow you to develop practical skills and encourage creative thinking through contextual research, discussion, exploration and experimentation, problem solving, review and analysis. You will have the opportunity to prepare a portfolio for application to Higher Education.
The course incorporates academic skills to prepare for Higher Education study including reading and understanding texts, note taking and essay writing. You will have a personal tutor who will support you in the development of your personal work and portfolio preparation for HE application via UCAS.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- Aged 19+
- Ability to work at level 1 or above in English
- Evidence of creative ability and commitment to the course
- You will be required to attend an informal interview
This course consists of the following modules:
- Ungraded Core Units
- Study Skills - Academic Skills
- Communication - Speaking and Writing
- Academic Writing Skills
- Preparation for Higher Education
- Presenting Information Using ICT
Graded Academic Mandatory Units:
- Visual Studies 2D
- Figure Studies
- Research and Creative Development
- Graphic Design Specialism
- Cultural Studies - Modern and Contemporary Studies in Art and Design
- Mixed Media
- Research: Final Major Project
- Exhibition and Professional Practice.
You will be assessed via:
- Project based Assignment Briefs
- Internal Verifier
- Internal Examining Board
- External Examiner
This course will lead to students having the opportunity to make UCAS applications to Higher Educational institutions to study HNC/HND, Foundation Degree or BA (Hons) courses.
HE course offers are usually on condition of successful completion of this course. Additionally, students are qualified to progress directly on to any of the university level courses at Waltham Forest College e.g. HNC & HND Art and Design or Fashion Level 4 or 5, which will train them to meet the demands of a professional creative life.