This course is designed for ages 16-19.
This qualification will allow you to understand and become a Creative Practitioner in the Art and Design Industry.
There will be opportunity to work on a range of Art and Design briefs, which can lead students into an exciting range of career areas for example; Graphic Design, Illustration, Interior Design, Photography, Digital Art and Media, Architecture, Fine Art and Crafts, Curator, Gallery Technician, Prop Designer The course is supported by regular trips to galleries and museums as well as location research trips. All students are involved in setting up and exhibiting in the end of year exhibition.
This is a 2 year study programme scheduled over 3 days per week and will be a mixture of theory, practical and online lessons.
Thorough tutorial sessions, you will be supported to enhance wider employability skills including project management, teamwork, research, communication and presentation skills alongside your time management.
Your progression from this qualification will be one of the below pathways:
• BA (Hons) course in related subject at university
• Employment: This qualification will give you the skills required to gain employment in intermediate level roles in the Creative Industries sector.
The entry requirements for this course are:
• Merit in relevant Level 2 qualification, or
• 4 GCSEs at Grade 4 (C) or above including maths and English
• Portfolio of work
• Interview and assessment
If required, you will have the opportunity to study GCSE maths and/or English alongside your course so you can progress onto the next level.
The course consists of the following study areas:
• Materials and techniques & processes
• Ideas, concepts and visual communication
• Contextual studies
• Painting, printmaking & graphic image making
• Surface pattern
• Observational drawing
This course is supported by our Create Your Future Programme. An online curriculum, specially tailored to your course and level, to help you develop essential workplace skills, strengthen your independence, boost confidence and increase progression opportunities.
You will be assessed via:
• Project based assignment briefs
• Internal verifier
• Internal examining board
• External Examiner