This course is designed for 19+ Adults
Our level 3 Access to Higher Education: Art and Design is designed for people who would like to study Art and Design at university.
The course content focuses on the core knowledge and skills you need to successfully progress to study at degree level in your chosen subject. The teaching and learning methods will give you opportunities to develop transferable skills including, teamwork, problem solving, thinking and independent study skills.
The course is 1 year and scheduled over 3 days per week and will be a mixture of theory and practical lessons.
Your progression from this qualification will lead to:
• Higher education degree including:
• Graphic design
• Interior design
The entry requirements for this course are:
• No formal qualification required, however, you will be required to attend a formal interview and demonstrate evidence of creative ability
• GCSEs grade 4 (C) in maths or English or Functional skills Level 2 in maths or English will be an advantage
If required, you will have the opportunity to study maths and/or English alongside your course so you can progress onto the next level.
You will study a wide range of units that will prepare you for study at university, these include:
• Visual Studies 2D
• Figure Studies
• Research and Creative Development
• Graphic Design Specialism
• Modern and Contemporary Studies in Art and Design
• Mixed Media
• Research: Final Major Project
• Exhibition and Professional Practice
This course is supported by our Create Your Future Programme. An online curriculum, specially tailored to your course and level, to help you develop essential workplace skills, strengthen your independence, boost confidence and increase progression opportunities.
We will use a range of assessment methods to test your knowledge and understanding, these include:
• Project based Assignment Briefs
• Internal Verifier
• Internal Examining Board
• External Examiner