This course is designed for 18+ adults. This qualification will allow you to develop skills and experiences that will enable you to pursue a career within the creative industries.
It is designed to engage you with the development of your personal identity through an opportunity to explore a wide range of ideas, techniques, languages and media within art and design.
This course will focus on building both specialist and multi-disciplinary skills, as well introducing you to a range of contemporary art and design, and theory practices.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs grade C 4/5 or above including English and Maths
- Merit or above in a relevant Level 3 qualification
- Evidence of interest and commitment to the course
- Creative Portfolio
This course consists of the following modules:
- Visual Communications in Art and Design
- Ideas generation and development in Art and Design
- Professional Practice in Art and Design
- Contextual and Cultural Referencing in Art and Design
- Print Making
- Fine Art Digital Applications
- Development of a Fine Art Language (Final Major Project)
You will be assessed via:
- Project based Assignment Briefs
- Internal Verifier
- Internal Examining Board
- External Examiner
This course will lead to Level 5 HND in Art and Design at Waltham Forest College.
In addition, students can apply to a first or second year of a undergraduate degree programme. After completion of the HND students have gone onto apply for the second or third year on university courses.
Alternative routes have been straight into employment and freelance/self-employed work as Artists, Community Arts Worker, Teaching, Illustrator, Graphic Designer and other creative industry professions.