This course is designed for persons aged 16+. This qualification is ideal for anyone who wishes to pursue a career as a Motorcycle Technician or anyone keen to develop their knowledge of the Motor Industry in a service and repair environment.
Level 1 is the first step on the route to taking you from beginner's level all the way through to a qualified mechanic. You can then decide whether you would like to take your skills into a dealership, or even a high octane Formula One environment.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 2 (E) or above including English and Maths
- Interview and assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
- Health and safety
- Tool Identification
- Motorcycle Construction and Routine Maintenance
- Operating Principles of Motorcycle Engines
- Brakes, Tyres and Suspension Systems
How will I be assessed?
- Practical assessments in the workshop
- Written assessment
- Online tests
This course will lead to progression to a Level 2 Motorcycle Diploma or an Apprenticeship.