This course is designed for ages 16-19 and 19+ adults.
The IMI Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles (VRQ) Level 2 qualification will allow you to gain a job in the Motor Vehicle Industry working as a vehicle technician.
This course will lead to:
- Progression to the Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance
The entry requirements for this course are:
- You must have achieved both maths and English GCSEs to at least grade 4.
- You must have completed a Level 1 Motor Vehicle Diploma.
- You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications.
If required, you will have the opportunity to study GCSE maths and/or English alongside your course so you can progress onto the next level.
This course consists of the following modules:
- Routine light vehicle maintenance
- Inspecting and repairing light vehicle components
- Wheel alignment
You will be assessed via:
- Online exams