This is the second year of a 2 year course after which you will have gained the skills needed to progress into the industry.
This course is designed for ages 16-19 and 19+ adults.
Our Motorcycle Engineering course is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills to access the Motor Vehicle Industry. Once you have completed your hands-on mechanics training, you will be industry ready.
Throughout the course you will be trained and assessed to achieve an IMI qualification. You will also receive training which reflects the reality of the industry and will provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the skills and knowledge required to progress your career.
The course is scheduled over 3 days per week and will be a mixture of theory and practical across the 2 years.
Your progression from this qualification will be:
• Employment – This qualification will give you the skills required to gain employment.
The entry requirements for this course are:
• Level 2 (Year 2) – must have achieved both maths and English GCSEs to at least grade 4. A science GCSE is also preferred. You must have also completed Year 1 of the course.
If required, you will have the opportunity to study GCSE maths and/or English alongside your course so you can progress onto the next level.
You will be trained and assessed across the following areas:
• Health and safety / tool identification
• Motorcycle construction and routine maintenance
• Operating principles of motorcycle engines
• Brakes, tyres and suspension systems
• Electrical and Electronic systems
• Assembling new motorcycles
This course is supported by our Create Your Future Programme. An online curriculum, specially tailored to your course and level, to help you develop essential workplace skills, strengthen your independence, boost confidence and increase progression opportunities.
You will be assessed using a mix of theory and practical assessments which will be carried out to industry standards.
The assessment methods will be a mix of the below:
• Practical assessments
• Theory based assessments
• Online exams
All assessments will give you an opportunity to pass at one of the following three standards: