This course is designed for persons aged 17+. This qualification is for people looking to work within the motor vehicle industry who wish to gain a Level 3 qualification having already achieved a relevant level 2 or who wish to improve their diagnostic skills and knowledge of motor vehicle systems.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 4 (C)or above
- 2 GCSEs at Grade 4 (C) plus a minimum of Level 1 Functional skills in English and Maths
- Level 2 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance
- Interview and assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
- Health and Safety
- Tool Identification
- Diagnosis and Rectification of Fuel Injection and Auxiliary Systems
- Diagnosis and Rectification of Engine and Chassis System Faults
You will be assessed via:
- Practical tests
- Written assessment
- Online tests
This course will lead to employment as a qualified technician within the Motor Vehicle industry or an Advanced Apprenticeship, or Higher Education.