This course is designed for 16-19-year olds.
The BTEC Introductory Diploma in Business Level 1 qualification will allow you to develop your knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of business and provides a good foundation for progression onto the level 2 business programme.
This programme will help to prepare you for future work within industry by developing vital business skills, alongside your confidence and professionalism.
This course will lead to:
- Level 2 Diploma in Business
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at grade 2 including maths and English
- You must also achieve Entry Level 3 in your initial assessment
- A genuine commitment and enthusiasm to study
You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications.
This course consists of the following modules:
- Product branding
- Event management
- Presenting business ideas
- Researching business sectors
- Recording business income and expenditure
- Customer care and communication
Alongside your business programme, and in order to enhance your future progression, you are required to undertake maths and English qualifications and valuable work experience.
You will be assessed via:
- Written assignments
- Practical task
- Contribution to group work