This course is designed for 19+ adults.
Our Level 2 Pre-access Business is designed for people who would like to progress to higher levels of study, who have no formal qualifications.
The course content focuses on the core knowledge and skills you need to successfully progress to study at level 3. The teaching and learning methods will give you opportunities to develop transferable skills including:
- Study Skills
- Reflective practice and independent study skills
The course is 1 year and scheduled over 2 days per week and will be a mixture of theory and practical lessons.
This course will lead to:
- Access to Higher Education course in:
- Business Management
- Computing and ICT
The entry requirements for this course are:
- You must be aged 19+.
- GCSE Grade 4 (C) or above, including both maths and English Language or Functional Skills Level 1 in both maths and English.
If you have only one of the above qualification requirements, e.g. one level E3 in Maths or English then:
- You will be required to complete an assessment and enrol for Maths or English, to achieve the Level 1.
All applicants will be required to attend a formal interview to confirm the course is suitable for them.
You will study Function Skills Maths and/or English alongside your course so, you can achieve Level 2 to progress to the Access Level 3 course.
You will study a wide range of units that will prepare you for studying an Access to Higher Education, these include:
- Customer services
- ICT for business
- Effective learning
- Rights & responsibilities in the workplace
You will be assessed via:
- Essays and reports
- Leaflets and posters
- Tutor observations