This course is designed for 16-19 year olds.
The BTEC First Diploma in Business Level 2 is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to start your journey into the business world. You will learn and practice professionalism, gain confidence and a clear understanding of the fundamentals of business, enabling you to progress your career in this sector and into a wide range of roles.
This course will enable you to progress on to a Level 3 Enterprise and Entrepreneurial course at Waltham Forest College, an exciting advanced qualification which enables you to further enhance your business and entrepreneurial skills.
The content has been designed to give you the opportunities to develop your transferable skills including, teamwork, problem solving, communication, numeracy, and independent study skills.
The course is 1 year and scheduled over 3-4 days per week and will be a mixture of theory and practical lessons.
To further enhance your progression, you will participate in trips and visits, benefit from guest speakers and undertake valuable work experience which is an essential part of the programme.
Successful completion on this course will lead to:
- Progression onto our Level 3 Enterprise and Entrepreneurial programme, an Advanced qualification which further strengthens your knowledge and professionalism across the business sector. This programme also develops entrepreneurial skills supporting you to develop and implement your own business ideas and establish your own business enterprise.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 3 (D) or above including English and maths or
- Merit in a relevant Level 1 qualification
- Assessment and interview
- Energy and enthusiasm to study on the course
If required, you will study GCSE or Functional Skills English and/or maths alongside your course so you can progress onto the next level and also meet the demands of employers.
This course consists of the following modules:
- Enterprise in the business world
- Finance for business
- Small business planning
- Promoting a brand
- Principles of marketing
- Introducing project management
- Plus, several specialised units covering the fundamentals of business
In order to prepare you for progression into employment and higher-level qualifications You will be assessed via a number different methodology, these will include:
- Assignments/course work/reports
- Group projects
- External Exams
- Tutor observations
All assessments will give you an opportunity to pass at one of the following levels:
- Level 1 Pass
- Level 2 Pass
- Level 2 Merit
- Level 2 Distinction