This course is designed for those aged 16-19
The BTEC National Foundation Diploma in Enterprise and Entrepreneurship enables you to explore and exploit potential new business opportunities, from developing new and innovative business ideas, to preparing a business plan and exploring ways to maximising profit.
This programme helps to further strengthen your knowledge of the fundamentals of business, operations and management to support you to run your own business venture, or work for a dynamic company wishing to expand its core business.
You will learn and practice professionalism, gain confidence and a clear understanding of business, enabling you to progress within industry, or set up your own business enterprise establishing your own company.
This course will also enable you to progress on to a Level 4 qualification in Business, to include a HNC in Business offered at Waltham Forest College (subject to validation), or onto a Foundation/Degree programme externally.
The content has been designed to give you the opportunities to develop the transferable skills demanded by industry, including, teamwork, problem solving, communication, numeracy, and independent study skills.
The course is a 2 year programme and scheduled over 3 days per week and will be a mixture of theory and practical lessons.
To further enhance your progression, you will participate in trips and visits, benefit from guest speakers and undertake valuable work experience which is an essential part of the programme.
This is a practical programme which will also provide opportunities to pitch your ideas to industry professionals, as well as develop small scale businesses within college.
Successful completion on this course will lead to:
- Progression on to the Lv3 Extended Diploma in Enterprise and Entrepreneurial skills. This is an Extended, Advanced qualification which further strengthens your business capability, enabling you to grow your business idea and develop robust strategies to bring it to market.
- As this course covers the fundamentals of business management and operations, it also enables progression into a range of specialist roles across a variety of sectors – this might include Marketing, Administration, HR, Operations, Customer Service, Telecommunications and so forth.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 5 GCSEs at Grade 4 (C) or above including English and maths or
- Merit in a relevant Level 2 business qualification, including English and Maths
- Assessment and interview
- Energy and enthusiasm to study on the course
If required, you will study GCSE or Functional Skills English and/or maths alongside your course so you can progress onto the next level and also meet the demands of employers.
This course consists of the following modules:
- Enterprise and entrepreneurs
- Developing a marketing campaign
- Personal and business finance
- Launch and run an enterprise
- Plus, a series of specialist modules focused on management and business operations.
In order to prepare you for progression into employment and higher-level qualifications, you will be assessed via a number different methodology, these will include:
- Assignments/course work/reports
- Group projects
- External Exams
- Tutor observations
All assessments will give you an opportunity to pass at one of the following levels: