This course is designed for 19+ adults.
Our Access to Higher Education Diploma in Law and Business Level 3 is designed for people who would like to study law or business management related subjects at university.
The course content focuses on the core knowledge and skills you need to successfully progress to study at degree level in your chosen subject.
The teaching and learning methods will give you opportunities to develop transferable skills including:
- Problem solving
- Thinking and independent study skills
The course is 1 year and scheduled over 3 days per week and will be a mixture of theory and practical lessons.
This course will lead to:
- Higher education degree
The entry requirements for this course are:
- You must be aged 19+
- Have a GCSE Grade 4 (C) or Level 2 Functional Skills in English or maths. The ideal candidate will, however, have already achieved Level 2 qualifications in both subjects.
In addition to your Access programme for those who have not yet achieved a Level 2 in both subjects, you will be required to enrol onto an adult English or maths Level 2 qualification in the specified subject, in order to support your progression onto higher level study. It is important to note that all students progressing onto university will need to have achieved Level 2 qualifications in both English and maths, as well as their main qualification.
All students will be required to attend an interview demonstrating their commitment to the course and evidencing their qualifications on entry. You will also sit a diagnostic test in both English and maths.
You will study a wide range of units that will prepare you for study at University.
In the first term, all students will study:
- External factors affecting business
- Business organisations and strategy
- Introduction to law
- The law of tort
- Business planning
Law Pathway students will then study:
- The legal system in England
- Basic principles of criminal law
- Criminal law
- The law of contract
- The courts of law
- Research skills for law
Business Pathway students will then study:
- Understanding digital marketing
- Human resource management
- Analysing and presenting business data
- Finance in the global economy
- Research skills in business
You will be assessed via:
- Essays and reports
- Leaflets and posters
- Tutor observations