This course is designed for 19+ adults
Our level 3 Access to Higher Education: Law designed for people who would like to study Law at university.
The course content focuses on the core knowledge and skills you need to successfully progress to study at degree level in your chosen subject. The teaching and learning methods will give you opportunities to develop transferable skills including:
• Problem solving
• Thinking and independent study skills
The course is 1 year and scheduled over 3 days per week and will be a mixture of theory and practical lessons.
Your progression from this qualification will be to:
• Bachelor of Laws (Honours) (LLB)
• BA (Hons) Criminology and Law
• BSc (Hons) Psychology and Law
The entry requirements for this course are:
• No formal qualification required, however, you will be required to attend a formal interview and complete an assessment
• GCSEs grade 4 (C) in maths or English Language or Functional skills Level 2 in maths or English will be an advantage
If required, you will have the opportunity to study maths and/or English alongside your course so you can progress onto the next level.
You will study a wide range of units that will prepare you for study at university:
• Introduction to Law
• Law of Contract
• Law of Tort
• Criminal Law
• The English Legal System
• Government and Politicsa
• The Legal Professional
This course is supported by our Create Your Future Programme. An online curriculum, specially tailored to your course and level, to help you develop essential workplace skills, strengthen your independence, boost confidence and increase progression opportunities.
We will use a range of assessment methods to test your knowledge and understanding, these include:
• Essays and reports
• Leaflets and posters
• External exams
• Tutor observations