This course is designed for 16-19-year olds.
This advanced diploma is designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to develop a successful career in business.
You will develop your understanding of the fundamentals of business, operations and management.
During your course you will be provided with opportunities to develop your professionalism, and confidence alongside transferable skills in teamworking, problem solving, communication and creative thinking.
Your experience will enable you to progress into a range of specialised roles to include but not exclusive to, marketing, HR, finance, administration, operations, and customer service
This is a 12 month programme scheduled over 3 days per week and will be a mixture of theory and practical lessons.
This course will lead to:
- Higher education – either a degree or HNC/D in business
- Employment within the Business Sector
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 4 (C) including English and maths
- Or a Lv3 Extended Certificate in Business (minimum of merit, plus strong attendance)
- Assessment and interview
- Genuine commitment and passion to study
This course consists of the following modules:
- Managing an event
- International business
- Principles of management
- A number a specialist business and management units
You will be assessed via:
- Essays and reports
- Leaflets and posters
- External exams
- Tutor observations
All assessments will give you an opportunity to pass at one of the following standards:
You will also be provided with classes designed to help you to develop effective exam taking technique.