This course is designed for ages 16-19. This qualification will allow you to pursue a career in business, retail, management, finance, accounting or law.
You will learn and practice professionalism, gain confidence and a clear understanding of the fundamentals of business enabling you to progress your career in this sector.
This course is ideal for those who wish to develop a broader knowledge and understanding of business sector. The content has been designed to give you opportunities to develop your transferable skills related to study and provide a platform for success both within the business sector and elsewhere.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 4-5 (C) or above including English and Maths
- Level 2 Merit/Distinction in relevant business subject
- Interview and assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
- Developing Teams in Business
- Understanding Retailing and Food Retailing
- Understanding Business Ethics
- Human Resource Management
- Career Planning in Business
You will be assessed via:
- Practical assignments
- 100% of the course will be assessed by course work
This course will lead to a year 2 of the programme or Higher Education courses such as a Degree or HND/HNC or Employment opportunities within business/IT.