This course is designed for team leaders, current or aspiring first line managers. This qualification will allow you to lead people through organisational change and achieving workplace objectives. The purpose of the course is to develop competence over the full range of responsibilities of the aspiring middle manager. Ideally you would have 2 years experience as a team leader.
This is achieved by a series of specifically designed interactive workshops followed by tutorial support that will help you to achieve selected ILM units. We can work with you to determine the ILM units that best fit your individual and organisational requirements.
The entry requirement for this course is:
- There are no formal entry requirements
This course consists of the following modules:
- Key management skills and how to put them into practice in your own role
- How to solve problems and make decisions
- How to motivate and engage your team
- How to manage relationships confidently
- How to develop your own leadership & management skills and capabilities using your values, motivations and knowledge
Course content includes:
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Leadership styles
- Motivational techniques
- Managing performance
- Organising staff and delegating responsibilities
You will be assessed via:
- Assignments that will be marked as part of your assessment on the course
This course will lead to progression onto the Level 4 certificate in Leadership and Management or gain employment at management level.