This course is designed for 19+ Adults.
You will develop the professional business skills and knowledge required to meet the demands of employers whilst learning to adapt to a constantly changing business environment.
This is a 1 year course.
*Subject to validation.
This course will lead to:
On completion of the Higher National Certificate in Business, learners can seek employment in the Business Sector, for example as:
- Business management
- Recruitment consultant
- Sales manager
Or can continue their studies by completing the Higher National Diploma in Business.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- GCSE English and maths at grades A* (9) to C (4) or equivalent.
- You must have a Level 3 qualification such as BTEC Level 3 Diploma, Access to HE Diploma, or A-Levels in Business or a related subject.
- Related work experience
If you have international qualifications, you must:
- Hold the equivalent of the above Level 3 qualifications.
- Satisfy the minimum English requirement: Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2; PTE Academic 51, or IELTS 5.5 (reading and writing must be at 5.5).
You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications.
This course consists of the following modules:
- Business and the business environment
- Marketing processes and planning
- Human resource management
- Leadership and management
- Accounting principles
- Managing a successful business project
- Business law
- Entrepreneurial ventures
You will be assessed via:
- Practical assessments
- Data analysis
- Case studies
- Both open and closed book
- Reflective activities
- Written reports