This course is designed for new and aspiring middle managers. This qualification will allow you to really get to grips with your role, gain comprehensive business knowledge and develop the technical skills you need to lead effectively at this level.
The purpose of the course is to develop competence over the full range of responsibilities of the aspiring middle manager. This is achieved by a series of specifically designed interactive workshops followed by tutorial support that will help you to achieve selected ILM units. We can work with you to determine the ILM units that best fit your individual and organisational requirements.
This course is delivered over 12 days and will give you and ILM Level 4 Certificate and the training in management you need to make progress. The programme can be customised towards your own (or your workplace) needs
There are no formal entry requirements
This course consists of the following modules:
- How to consolidate your management skills and experience
- How to build knowledge of specialist business areas such as finance and marketing
- How to develop the capabilities and personal awareness you need to be a leader
- How to assess and improve your own leadership style and behaviour
- How to develop an enhanced understanding of your role and function in your organisation
- Development of leadership styles
- Delegation of authority in the workplace
- Financial management
- Managing marketing activities
- Managing meetings
- Developing your staff in the workplace
The above topics are examples but the programme can be customised towards your own (or your workplace) needs. Personal development and generic management skills are integral parts of the programme.
Assignments that will be marked as part of your assessment on the course
This course will lead to the ILM Level 4 Award in Leadership and Management is a shorter course and the ILM Level 4 Diploma in Leadership & Management course is a longer course. The ILM qualification level indicates how many units it contains, not its difficulty. We can work with you to identify the ILM units that best fit your individual and organisational requirements.