This course is designed for 19+ Adults.
You will develop the professional business skills and knowledge required to meet the demands of employers whilst learning to adapt to a constantly changing business environment.
This is a 2 year course.
*This course will run from October 2023. All students will be registered by London Metropolitan University.
All Higher Education courses taught in partnership with London Metropolitan University undergo a rigorous process of approval before students can enrol. The partnership and courses are currently going through the approval / validation process. Partnership and course approval / validation involves external subject experts and academic staff from across the University and Waltham Forest College. Courses are reviewed and revalidated every three to five years. For further information regarding the approval status of this course please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Year one of this course is the equivalent to an HNC, covering the Level 4 modules needed to work towards the HND.
On completion of the HND in Business, learners can seek employment in the business sector, for example as:
- Business management
- Recruitment consultant
- Sales manager
or can continue their studies by completing a Degree in Business or Management through the London Metropolitan University.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- GCSE English and maths at grades A* (9) to C (4) or equivalent.
- You must have a Level 3 qualification such as BTEC Level 3 Diploma, Access to HE Diploma, or A-Levels in Business or a related subject.
- Related work experience
If you have international qualifications, you must:
- Hold the equivalent of the above Level 3 qualifications.
- Satisfy the minimum English requirement: Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2; PTE Academic 51, or IELTS 5.5 (reading and writing must be at 5.5).
You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications and provide a statement ahead of your interview.
Registrations will be made by London Metropolitan University.
This course consists of the following modules:
- Business and the business environment
- Marketing processes and planning
- Human resource management
- Leadership and management
- Accounting principles
- Managing a successful business project
- Business law
- Digital business in practice
- Research project
- Organisational behaviour
- Entrepreneurial opportunities
- Resource and talent planning
- Digital marketing
- Law of contract and tort
- Product and service development
You will be expected to complete work experience/placement within a business to assist in putting into practice what is learnt on programme.
You will be assessed via:
- Practical assessments
- Data analysis
- Case studies
- Both open and closed book
- Reflective activities
- Written reports