This Course is designed for ages 16-19. This qualification will allow you to seek employment within the hospitality and catering industry, or intending to progress onto a Level 2 course.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- Normally 4 GCSEs at Grades A-D (9-3)
- You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications
- items of equipment and Professional Chef Level 1 text books
This course consists of the following modules:
- Food safety in catering
- Introduction to the catering and hospitality industry
- Health and safety awareness for catering and hospitality
- Introduction to healthier foods and special diets
You will assessed Via:
- Observation and knowledge questions
- Practical assessments and written assignments
The course will lead to progression to a Level 2 qualification, entry to employment within the industry, or an Apprenticeship.