This course is designed for 19+ adults wishing to develop their passion for cooking and equip themselves with the further skills to enter the professional world of hospitality and culinary arts.
Your progression from this qualification will be the below pathways:
• Employment – This qualification will give you the skills required to gain employment in the hospitality and catering industry.
• Food Preparation, Level 2 at Waltham Forest College
The entry requirements for this course are:
• A good level of maths and English and a keen interest in cooking.
• You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment, based on your prior qualifications.
You will be trained and assessed across the following areas:
• Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
• Work effectively as part of a hospitality team
• Prepare vegetables
• Be able to cook vegetables
• Prepare and cook meat and poultry
• Prepare and cook pasta
• Cook and finish simple bread and dough products
This course is supported by our Create Your Future Programme. An online curriculum, specially tailored to your course and level, to help you develop essential workplace skills, strengthen your independence, boost confidence and increase progression opportunities.
You will be assessed through:
• Observation and knowledge questions
• Practical assessments and written assignments