This course is designed for 19+ adults.
For individuals new to wine study, this qualification provides a hands-on introduction to the world of wine.
You’ll explore the main types and styles of wine through sight, smell, and taste, while also gaining the basic skills to describe wines accurately and make food and wine pairings.
This course is 2 hours a week for 9 weeks and will be run between 7-9pm. Day to be confirmed.
This course will lead to:
- WSET Level 2 Award in Wines
The entry requirements for this course are:
- There are no formal entry requirements for this course
This course consists of the following modules:
- The main types and styles of wine
- Common wine grapes and their characteristics
- How to store and serve wine
- The principles of food and wine pairing
- How to describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine (SAT)
You will be assessed via:
- Assessment is by a closed-book exam of 30 multiple-choice questions