This course is designed for ages 16-18. This qualification will allow you to seek employment within the hospitality and catering industry, or intending to progress onto a Level 3 course.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 3 (D) or above
- Items of equipment and Professional Chef text books
- Interview and assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
- Food Safety in Catering
- Introduction to the Catering and Hospitality Industry
- How to Prepare and Cook Food Using a Variety of Cooking Methods.
- Health and Safety Awareness for Catering and Hospitality
- Introduction to Healthier Foods and Special Diets.
You will be assessed via:
- knowledge questions
- Practical assessments
- Written final exams
This course will lead to progression to a course in Professional Cookery Advanced Technical Diploma Level 3, or employment within the industry or Advanced Apprenticeship