This course is designed for 16-19 year olds
Our Level 2 course enables learners to develop their passion and interest for hospitality and catering and enables our learners to be ready for a career in the catering industry.
Throughout the course you will be trained and assessed to achieve a City and Guilds qualification as well as receive training which reflects the reality of the industry and provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the skills and knowledge required to progress your career.
If required, you will have the opportunity to study GCSE maths and/or English alongside your course so you can progress onto the next level.
The entry requirements for this course are:
A level 1 qualification in a relevant subject area (catering/cookery) or equivalent experience and industry skills
- 4 GCSEs at Grades 2 (E) or above including English & Maths
- Interview and assessment
You will be trained and assessed across the following areas:
- Food preparation and cooking skills including:
- Poultry and meat
- Shellfish and fish
- Vegetables and fruits
- Pasta products
- Patisserie and bakery work
- Cold and hot deserts
You will be assessed through:
- Observation and knowledge questions
- Practical assessments and written assignments
Your progression from this qualification will be the below pathways:
- Employment This qualification will give you the skills required to gain employment in the hospitality and catering industry.
- Professional Cookery Diploma Level 3