This course is designed for 16-19 year olds
Our Level 2 course enables learners to develop their passion and interest for hospitality and culinary arts and enables our learners to either progress to our Catering, Level 3 course or be ready for a career in the Catering Industry.
Throughout the course you will be trained and assessed to achieve a City and Guilds qualification as well as receive training which reflects the reality of the industry and provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the skills and knowledge required to progress your career.
Your progression from this qualification will be the below pathways:
• Hospitality and Culinary Arts, Level 3 at Waltham Forest College.
• Employment – This qualification will give you the skills required to gain employment in the hospitality and catering industry.
The entry requirements for this course are:
• 4 GCSEs at Grade 3 (D) or above including English and maths or
• Merit in relevant Level 1 course
• Interview and assessment
If required, you will have the opportunity to study GCSE maths and/or English alongside your course so you can progress onto the next level.
You will be trained and assessed across the following areas:
• Food preparation and cooking skills including:
• Poultry and meat
• Shellfish and fish
• Vegetables and fruits
• Pasta products
• Patisserie and bakery work
• Cold and hot deserts
This course is supported by our Create Your Future Programme. An online curriculum, specially tailored to your course and level, to help you develop essential workplace skills, strengthen your independence, boost confidence and increase progression opportunities.
You will be assessed through:
• Observation and knowledge questions
• Practical assessments and written assignments