This course is designed for 16-19-year olds.
Our Professional Cookery Diploma Level 2 course enables learners to develop their passion and interest for hospitality and culinary arts and enables them to either progress to our Catering Level 3 course or be ready for a career in the Catering Industry.
This course will lead to:
- Hospitality and Culinary Arts Level 3
- Employment – This qualification will give you the skills required to gain employment in the hospitality and catering industry.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 3 (D) or above including English and maths or Merit in relevant Level 1 course
- Interview and assessment
If required, you will have the opportunity to study GCSE maths and/or English alongside your course so you can progress onto the next level.
This course consists of the following modules:
- Food preparation and cooking skills including:
- Poultry and meat
- Shellfish and fish
- Vegetables and fruits
- Pasta products
- Patisserie and bakery work
- Cold and hot deserts
You will be assessed via:
- Observation and knowledge questions
- Practical assessments and written assignments