This course is designed for 19+ adults who already work or are aspiring to work as a patisserie chef in the Hospitality and Catering sector.
Your progression from this qualification will be the below pathways:
- Employment – This qualification will give you the skills required to gain employment in the hospitality and culinary arts industry.
- Level 3 Certificate in General Patisserie and Confectionery
The entry requirements for this course are:
- Level 1 in a relevant qualification
- You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications.
The course consists on the following modules:
- Produce dough and batter products
- Produce petits fours
- Produce paste products
- Produce hot, cold and frozen desserts
- Produce biscuits, cake and sponges
- Produce display pieces and decorative items
- Practical assessment module
You will be assessed via:
• Practical assessments
• Written assessments.