This course is designed for anyone who would like to learn how to produce a range of hot and cold drinks including cappuccinos, lattes, espressos, hot chocolate, smoothies and many more.
You will be trained to use an espresso coffee machine, coffee grinder and a range of other equipment providing you with the skills required to prepare these drinks to a high standard.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- An interest in beverage production and customer service
- You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications
This course consists of the following modules:
- Foam milk to produce the perfect drink
- Learn how to skilfully use equipment
- Presentation skills
- Customer service skills
- Produce a range of classic coffees
- Garnish and present drinks to perfection
- Cleaning and maintenance of professional Barista equipment
You will be assessed via:
- Knowledge questions
- Practical exam
This course will lead to a recognised industry qualification for Barista Skills Level 2 Award in Food Safety and Catering.
This qualification could lead towards employment within the catering and hospitality industry.