This course is designed for 19+ Adults. This qualification will allow you to pursue an exciting career in the Catering and Hospitality industry as a Pastry Chef.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- VRQ / NVQ Level 1 or equivalent industry experience
- You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment, based on your prior qualifications
This course consists of the following modules:
- Produce hot and cold desserts and puddings
- Produce paste products
- Produce biscuit, cake and sponge products
- Produce fermented dough products
- Optional Units (to discuss at interview)
You will be assessed via:
- Practical Exams
- Knowledge questions
This course will lead to progression to VRQ / NVQ Level 3 (Patisserie & Confectionary / Kitchen & Larder) or
Employment in the industry.