This course is designed for employers. It is a legal requirement that anyone who handles food for others (either paid or voluntary) must undertake food safety training. This course is predominately aimed at those in the workplace who participate in catering- preparing, cooking and serving food to others. Those who work in non-catering sectors such as care (child or residential), retail or transport will also benefit from this course if they handle food as part of their duties.
The entry requirement for this course is:
- There are no entry requirements
- Students who feel they may have special needs must inform the College at the time of enrolment in order for us to make the necessary arrangements
This course consists of the following modules:
- Safe handling of food
- Bacteria growth and the affect on food
- Temperature control (chilling and cooking of food)
- Preparing, cooking, serving and storing food safely
- Contamination control
- Personal hygiene
- Pest control
- Application and monitoring of good food safety procedures
You will be assessed via:
- The course on the day and the course ends with a multiple choice exam
This course will lead to progression onto the CIEH Level 3 Supervising Food Safety in Catering of specialised HACCP (food safety risk assessment) courses.