This course is designed for 16-19 year olds
Our Level 3 course enables learners to further develop their passion and interest for hospitality and culinary arts and increase skill sets attained from previous levels and enables our learners to be fully ready for a career in the Catering Industry.
Throughout the course you will be trained and assessed to achieve a City and Guilds qualification as well as receive training which reflects the reality of the industry and provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the skills and knowledge required to progress your career.
Your progression from this qualification will be the below pathways:
• Employment – This qualification will give you the skills required to gain employment in the hospitality and catering industry.
The entry requirements for this course are:
• 4 GCSEs at Grade 4 (C) or above including English and maths or
• Merit in relevant Level 2 course
• Interview and assessment
If required, you will have the opportunity to study GCSE maths and/or English alongside your course.
You will be trained and assessed across the following areas:
• Legal and social responsibilities in the professional kitchen
• Financial control in the professional kitchen
• Stocks and sauces
• Fruit and vegetable
• Meat and offal
• Fish and shellfish
• Farinaceous dishes
• Desserts and pudding
• Paste products
• Biscuits, cakes and sponge
• Principles of promoting food and beverages services and products
This course is supported by our Create Your Future Programme. An online curriculum, specially tailored to your course and level, to help you develop essential workplace skills, strengthen your independence, boost confidence and increase progression opportunities.
You will be assessed through:
• Observation and knowledge questions
• Practical assessments and written assignments