This course is designed for 16-19 year olds
Our Level 3 course enables learners to further develop their passion and interest for hospitality and catering and increase skill sets attained from previous levels and enables our learners to be fully ready for a career in the catering industry.
Throughout the course you will be trained and assessed to achieve a City and Guilds qualification as well as receive training which reflects the reality of the industry and provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the skills and knowledge required to progress your career.
If required, you will have the opportunity to study GCSE maths and/or English alongside your course so you can progress onto the next level.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 3 (D) including level 2 Professional Cookery or equivalent
- Interview and assessment
You will be trained and assessed across the following areas:
- Legal and Social Responsibilities in the Professional Kitchen
- Financial Control in the Professional Kitchen
- Stocks and Sauces
- Fruit and Vegetable
- Meat and Offal
- Fish and Shellfish
- Farinaceous Dishes
- Desserts and Pudding
- Paste Products
- Biscuits, Cakes and Sponge
- Principles of Promoting Food and Beverages Services and Products
You will be assessed through:
- Observation and knowledge questions
- Practical assessments and written assignments
Your progression from this qualification will be the below pathways:
- Employment This qualification will give you the skills required to gain employment in the hospitality and catering industry.