This Course is designed for 19+ Adults. This qualification will allow you to provide advanced level food preparation and cooking skills to those qualified at Level 2, or for those who are already employed within the industry and are looking to progress to a supervisory role.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
- You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications
This course consists of the following modules:
- Develop productive working relationships with colleagues
- Contribute to the control of resources
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food
- Ensure food safety practices are followed in the preparation and serving of food and drink
- Cook and finish complex fish dishes
- Cook and finish complex meat dishes
- Cook and finish complex poultry dishes
- Cook and finish complex vegetable dishes
- Prepare, cook and finish complex hot sauces.
Optional Units (to discuss at interview):
- Prepare, cook and finish complex bread and dough products
- Prepare, cook and finish complex cakes, sponges, biscuits and scones
- Prepare, cook and finish complex pastry products
- Prepare, cook and finish complex hot desserts
- Prepare cook and finish complex cold desserts
- Produce sauces, fillings and coatings for complex dessert
You will be assessed via:
- Knowledge questions
This course will lead to progression to a Foundation Degree in Culinary Arts or employment in the industry.