This course is designed for 19+ adults.
The NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery (QCF) Level 2 course is for adult learners who have honed their basic cookery skills through studying cookery Level 1. Or those who have previously worked in the industry and are wishing to further develop their passion for cooking.
The course will equip you with the further skills to enter the professional world of catering and hospitality as a professional cook and chef.
Course fee: £1,540.50. You may be eligible to study this course for free or access financial support.
This course will lead to:
- Level 3 Patisserie and confectionary adult programme.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- General understanding about catering & hospitality
- NVQ Level 1 or equivalent industry experience
You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment, based on your prior qualifications
This course consists of the following modules:
- Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Maintain, handle and clean knives
- Work effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Maintain food safety when preparing, storing and cooking food
- Prepare meat for basic dishes
- Cook and finish basic meat dishes
- Prepare poultry for basic dishes
- Cook and finish basic poultry dishes
- Cook and finish basic vegetable dishes
- Prepare, cook and finish basic hot sauces
- Prepare, cook and finish basic soups
- Prepare, cook and finish basic bread and dough products
- Prepare, cook and finish basic pastry products
- Prepare, cook and finish basic cakes, sponges, biscuits and scones
You will be assessed via:
- Observation and knowledge questions
- Practical assessments and written assignments