This course is designed for 19+adult learners wishing to develop their passion for baking.
The course includes Entry 3 Award in Digital Skills allowing you to further develop your digital skills and will support you to establish your own businesses.
This course will run for 10 weeks on a Thursday or Friday.
When you talk to our team after applying, you will be able to select the day you prefer and either a morning or afternoon session.
You may be able to study this course for free. Contact our Learner Services Team to discuss your eligiblity.
Your progression from this qualification will be the below pathways:
- Employment – This qualification will give you the skills required to gain employment in the hospitality and catering industry.
- Level 1 Food preparation NVQ course.
The course will support you to establish your own businesses and set yourself up to further enhance and develop your Digital skills. These skills are crucial for modern day employability and business aspirations.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- A good level of maths and English and a keen interest in baking.
- You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment, based on your prior qualifications.
This course consists of the following modules:
- Bread rolls
- Easter garibaldi biscuits
- Chocolate brownies
- Apple sandwich cake
- Easy honey flapjacks
- Ultimate quiche Lorraine
- Doughnut dough
- Plain flour bread
- Perfect apple pie
- Classic lemon tart
For the entry 3 Award in Digital Skills for Pre-employability you will be assessed through:
- Observation of digital skilled tasks and the completion of a work booklet.