This Course is designed for 19+ Adults. This qualification will allow you to learn baking and pastry skills. This non-accredited short course is run by our highly trained Chef lecturers.
Our baking and pastry course will give you all the tips you need to make the perfect pastry to grace any meal time or dinner party and make you, your friends and family proud.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- An interest in baking and pastry
- You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment, based on your prior qualifications
You will also require the following equipment:
- Chef's hat
- Non-slip shoes
This course consists of the following modules:
- Danish pastries
- Choux buns and profiteroles
- Fruit tart (individual)
- Pear and almond tart
- Chocolate tart /lemon tart
- Puff pastry goods
- How to adapt the pastry to make a variety of goods
- How to make a variety of savoury and sweet fillings for the pastry goods
- How to make sponges, buns and doughnut mixes including: Syrup pudding, Fruit buns /scones, Doughnuts (jam, cream, ring), Selection of sponge cakes (lemon drizzle, almond slice, etc.)
- How to make a variety of desert toppings (sweet)
You will be assessed via:
This course will lead to the Patisserie & Confectionery VRQ level 2.