This course is an apprenticeship style programme designed for ages 16-19 and 19+ adults aspiring for job roles in which they will be working with IT systems and software.
IT user skills are required for over 75% of job roles. Through theory, practical sessions and work-related activities, you will gain invaluable IT skills including:
• Providing support and assistance in the use of IT systems and software
• Developing, testing and implementing solutions to improve workplace productivity using IT
• Maintaining simple websites, using the internet to find and exchange information
Through tutorial sessions you will be supported to enhance your employability skills, including, project management, teamwork, research, communication and presentation skills alongside time management.
This is a 1 year course after which you have the option to progress to a Level 3 IT course delivered by Waltham Forest College to further your skills.
The course is scheduled over 3.5 days per week and will be a mixture of theory and practical lessons.
Your progression from this qualification will be either of the below pathways:
• IT Level 3 Extended Diploma - To further develop your practical skills and knowledge of the IT Sector in order to enhance your career prospects and progress to higher education.
• IT Apprenticeship
• Employment - This qualification will provide you with some of the key skills needed for a number of roles in IT Sector such as Data Clerk, Website Technician and Digital Assistant.
The entry requirements for this course are:
• 4 GCSEs at Grade 3 (D) or above including English and maths
If required, you will have the opportunity to study GCSE English and/or maths alongside your course so you can progress onto a Level 3 course.
You will study a wide range of units that will allow you to deepen your understanding of the IT sector, these include:
• Improving productivity using IT
• IT fundamentals
• Set up an IT system
• Design software
• Multimedia software
• Website software
• Spreadsheet software
• Imaging software
• Understanding the potential of IT
• Developing personal & team effectiveness using IT
This course is supported by our Create Your Future Programme. An online curriculum, specially tailored to your course and level, to help you develop essential workplace skills, strengthen your independence, boost confidence and increase progression opportunities.
All units are internally assessed thorough a range of methods including:
• Practical tasks
• Written work
• Group projects
• Research tasks
• Work Experience Logs
All assessments will give you an opportunity to pass at one of the following standards:
You will be provided with detailed information on how to achieve the relevant grades before each assessment commences.