This course is designed for 16-19 learners.
This qualification will allow you to develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours expected by employers in the Information Technology sector.
Through theory, practical sessions and work-related activities, you will gain invaluable IT skills including:
- Creating digital multichannel applications
- Understanding IT network features and functions, common practices in network security,
and the function and features of the main network appliances
- IT service solutions and the issues encountered in IT solutions in an organisation
- Setting up new equipment and upgrading existing systems
- Providing digital content for organisations
You will also cover broader skills in literacy and numeracy, which will help you to progress.
This course will lead to:
- BTEC Level 3 in IT
- Level 3 Digital apprenticeship
- T Level in Digital Production, Design and Development
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 3 (D) or above including English and maths
You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications.
This course consists of the following modules:
- Set up and configure technology systems
- Exploring current and emerging technologies
- Security protection and risk management
- IT service solutions
- Digital applications development
- Organisational uses for digital media systems
You will be assessed via:
- Practical assessments
- Written reports
- Online exams