This course is designed for 16-19 year olds interested in gaining the skills and understanding for a career in the IT Sector.
The BTEC First Extended Certificate in Information and Creative Technology Level 2 qualification will allow you to explore a range of IT career pathways. You will learn how different IT and computing technologies interact and interrelate to support a variety of industries. Through practical sessions, you will gain knowledge of software and website development as well computer networking and content production.
Through tutorial sessions you will be supported to enhance wider employability skills, including, project management, teamwork, research, communication and presentation skills alongside your time management.
The course is scheduled over 3.5 days per week and will be a mixture of theory and practical lessons.
This course will lead to:
- Transition to T Level in Digital
- IT Level 3 Extended Diploma - To further develop your practical skills and knowledge of the IT Sector in order to enhance your career prospects and progress to higher education
- IT Apprenticeship
- Employment - This qualification will provide you with some of the practical and theoretical knowledge needed for entry level roles in the IT Sector such as Software Engineer,
- Website Content Manager, Computer Animator, Helpdesk Support
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 3 (D) including English and maths or Merit in relevant Level 1 qualification alongside English and maths at Level 1
You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications.
This course consists of the following modules:
- The online world
- Technology systems
- A digital portfolio
- Creating digital video
- Database development
- Computer networks
- Software development
- Website development
You will be assessed via:
- Practical tasks
- Written work
- Group projects