This course is designed for 19+ Adults. This qualification will allow you to gain knowledge in a variety of Computing and IT subjects and intend to progress onto higher education, then this is the ideal course for you.
Access courses are designed for those who have been out of education for period of time, or those who have recently completed secondary school but did not gain any Level 3 qualifications.
You should also apply if you gained a Level 2 qualification in a related subject at a college.
The entry requirement for this course is:
- You will be required to attend an interview which will include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications
This process is designed to ensure the course will be able to provide you with a qualification relevant to your future employment and/or educational needs.
This course consists of the following modules:
- Computer Systems - Hardware and Software components
- Computer Systems - Networks and Communications
- Programming - Introduction to visual programming
- Programming - Sequential programming concepts
- Programming - writing modular programmes
- Internet Technology
- Human Resources Management
- Self-Assessment and Personal Tutorial
- Academic Writing
- Examination Skills
- Communication - Speaking and Listening
- Research Project - Methodology
- Business Structure and the uses of IT in Business
You will be assessed via:
- Group work
- Role play
- Written exams
- Written assignments
This course will lead to the Higher National Certificates (HNC) and Higher National Diplomas (HND) in Computing and Systems Development. This equates to the first 2 years of university study. Your Personal Tutor will make you aware of these, as well as the various university degrees on offer in London and the rest of the UK.