This course is designed for 19+ adults who wish to develop their knowledge and skills of the IT sector.
You may be eligible to study for free if you are aged 24+ and this is your first full Level 3 qualification.
This course supports the development of essential, specialist skills for careers in information technology such as networking, programming, cybersecurity or data management.
It provides learners with the academic skills to progress to a range of higher education and apprenticeship courses including HNC or BA in computing, network engineering, business management, telecom professionals, infrastructure technician etc.
Through lessons and projects, you will be supported to enhance your employability skills including project management, team work, research, communication and presentation skills alongside your time management.
The course is scheduled over 2 days per week and will be a mixture of theory, practical and online lessons.
Your progression from this qualification will be either of the below pathways:
- Higher education – either a degree or HNC/D in business
- Employment within the IT Sector
The entry requirements for this course are:
- Ideally, candidates should have a Level 2 qualification in either Computing or Information Technology.
- However, candidates with no formal qualifications may be considered based on skills and prior knowledge.
- A good level of written and spoken English is required.
Candidates will need to complete a diagnostic English and maths test to support their application.
You will study a wide range of units that will allow you to deepen your understanding of the IT sector, these include:
- Information technology systems
- Creating systems to manage information
- Using social media in business
- Data modelling
- Website development
- IT project management
- Cyber security and incident management
- Digital animations and effects
- Enterprise in IT
This course is supported by our Create Your Future Programme. An online curriculum, specially tailored to your course and level, to help you develop essential workplace skills, strengthen your independence, boost confidence and increase progression opportunities.
Learners will complete 8 units. Of these, 3 are externally assessed and the others through coursework.
External exam assessment:
- Information Technology Systems
- Creating Systems to Manage Information
- Cyber Security and Incident Management
Internal assessment methods:
- Practical tasks
- Written work
- Group projects
- Research tasks
- Work experience Logs
All assessments will give you an opportunity to pass at one of the following standards:
You will be provided with detailed information on how to achieve the relevant grades before each assessment commences.