This course is designed for ages 16-19 and 19+ adults interested in an introduction to the Information Technology and Business Employment Sectors.
Through theory and practical sessions, you will gain an insight into web design, computer programming and digital design as well as business communication and required software.
You will also be provided with opportunities to develop a range of skills, techniques and attributes essential for successful performance in working life. For example, you will be supported to further develop your confidence, research, communication and presentation skills alongside your time management.
You will be trained and assessed by a well-qualified team with ample teaching and industry experience.
Upon successful completion of all units you will achieve 2 qualifications that will support your progression to a Level 2 course or employment.
BTEC Certificate in information Technology
- BTEC Award in Business Administration This is a 1-year course scheduled over 3.5 days per week and will be a mixture of theory and practical lessons.
You will also have the opportunity to re-take your English and maths qualifications.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- GCSE at Grade 1 (G) in either maths or English
If required, you will have the opportunity to study GCSE maths and/or English alongside your course so you can progress onto a Level 2 course.
Topics for this study programme are taken from 2 separate qualifications and may include:
- Developing Digital Information Using IT
- Solving Technical IT Problems
- Creating a Spreadsheet To Solve Problems
- Creating a Website
- Creating a Computer Programme
- Developing a Digital Product
- Using Digital Communication Technologies
- Developing a Personal Progression Plan
- Working in Business and Administration
- Creating Business Documents
- Working in a Team
- Preparing for Work Placement*
- Learning from Work Placement*
All units are internally assessed thorough a range of methods including:
- Practical tasks
- Reflective Journals
- Written work
- Group projects
All assessments will give you an opportunity to pass at one of the following standards:
You will be provided with detailed information on how to achieve the relevant grades before each assessment commences.
There will also be online support to help you achieve.
Your progression from this qualification will be either of the below pathways:
- IT Level 2 To further develop your practical skills and knowledge of the IT Sector in order to enhance your career prospects.
- Business Level 2 To gain a deeper insight into business management, entrepreneurship and support careers in this vocational sector.
- Employment This qualification will give you the skills required to gain employment in entry level roles in business administration or IT.