This course is designed for 19+ adults.
This qualification will allow you to develop important fundamental skills in using technology in today’s digital world.
If you have no or low digital skills, you will benefit from accessing a fully funded and up-to-date qualification that reflects the evolving digital landscape.
This course will lead to:
- Higher level digital skills including ICT Functional Skills
The entry requirements for this course are:
- These are an important pre-requisite of skills learners need to have prior to starting EDSQ:
- Turning on a device (including entering and updating any account information safely, such as a password).
- Using the available controls on a device (such as a mouse and keyboard for a computer, or touchscreen on a smartphone or tablet).
- Making use of accessibility tools (including assistive technology) to make devices easier to use (such as changing display settings to make content easier to read).
- Interacting with the home screen on a device.
- Connecting to the internet (including Wi-Fi) safely and securely and opening a browser.
- Opening and accessing an application on a device.
You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications.
This course consists of the following modules:
- Using devices and handling information - using hardware and software, searching and navigating.
- Creating and editing - using apps to enter and edit information, capturing/saving multimedia.
- Communicating - sending and receiving communications.
- Transactions - e-commerce and buying online.
- Being safe and responsible online - being safe online, protecting your data.
You will be assessed via:
- Task based assessment
- Question paper