This course is designed for 16-19 year olds.
The BTEC Introductory Diploma in IT, Business & Media Level 1 qualification will allow you to develop practical skills, knowledge and behaviours expected by employers in the IT, Business and Media Sectors.
Through theory, practical sessions and work-related activities, you will gain key transferable skills as well as invaluable technical skills in IT and Media. This course will also allow you to acquire the learning skills you need to be successful at Level 2 and beyond.
This course will lead to:
- Level 2 in IT, Level 2 Business or Level 2 Media
- Level 2 Digital apprenticeship
- T Level in Digital Production, Design and Development
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSE at Grade 1 (G) or above including English and maths at Entry 3
You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications.
This course consists of the following modules:
- Being organised
- Developing a personal progression plan
- Working with others
- Researching a topic
- Using digital communication technologies
- Creating a spreadsheet to solve problems
- Developing digital information using IT
- Presenting a business idea
- Organising a meeting
- Designing an interactive presentation
- Creating an animation
You will be assessed via:
- Practical tasks
- Written reports
- Group projects
- Reflective journals