This course is designed for 19+ Adults.
This qualification will allow you to work as a technician or technician engineer in electrical and electronics design, manufacture, maintenance, testing or fault finding.
This course will run for 1 Year.
*Subject to validation.
This course will lead to:
On completion of the Higher National Certificate in Engineering, learners can continue their studies into the Higher National Diploma qualification:
- The Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma allows students to specialise by committing to specific career paths and progression routes to degree-level study.
On successful completion of the Higher National Diploma, students can develop their careers in the engineering sector through:
- Entering employment
- Continuing existing employment
- Linking with the appropriate professional body
- Linking with the appropriate vendor accredited certificates (if appropriate)
- Committing to Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Progressing to university
The entry requirements for this course are:
- GCSE English and maths at grades A* (9) to C (4) or equivalent is strongly recommended.
- You must have a Level 3 qualification such as BTEC Level 3 Diploma, Access to HE Diploma, or A-Levels in a related subject.
- Related work experience
If you have international qualifications, you must:
- Hold the equivalent of the above Level 3 qualifications.
- Satisfy the minimum English requirement: Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2; PTE Academic 51, or IELTS 5.5 (reading and writing must be at 5.5).
You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications.
This course consists of the following modules:
- Engineering design
- Engineering maths
- Engineering science
- Managing a professional engineering project (Pearson-set)
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Electrical systems and fault finding
- Electronic circuits and devices
- Renewable energy
You will be assessed via:
- Online exams
- Written assessments
- Practical assessments